Vixolite - How to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus. What is TWRP Recovery? Team Win Recovery Project also known TWRP is an open source recovery image for Android based devices. It provides a touch enabled interface which allows users to install third party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recoveries.
Pre-Requisites Before Install Lenovo A6000 TWRP Recovery
- Backup of your personal data (contact, photos, videos, music, etc)
- Make sure the battery capacity charged more than 60%
- Download and install Lenovo A6000 USB driver
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Download Lenovo A6000 TWRP Recoveries
Rooting or installing a custom rom or recovery might brick your device or your device may act abnormally and you also lose the device warranty. You may even get a dead SD card which might not work or you can leave your device in a dead state. Before going through the entire tutorial please be advised that it is your own responsibility to go further. We are not liable for any loss of data or any property of yours by any mean.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000
- Extract lenovo-a6000-twrp-favnetsoft.com.zip
- Copy the recovery.img file to Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory on Program Files
Windows x64: C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Windows x86: C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Switch off your device then press and hold the Volume Down and Power Button simultaneously to boot into bootloader mode
- Connect your device to the computer through USB cable
- Now go to Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory
- Open a command window inside the folder where your TWRP recovery.img file is saved. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- In the command box type the following
- Now type the following command to flash TWRP recovery image
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot your phone using the following command