Vixolite - How to install TWRP 18.104.22.168 (SevenMax) on Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus Lollipop. The Lenovo A6000, A6000 SE and A6000+ have received a working build of TWRP recovery that you can flash directly via fastboot. The build comes from SevenMaxs, member of lenovo-forums.ru.
To install the custom recovery on your Lenovo A6000/SE/Plus, just donwload the recovery.img file from the download link on the article and flash it to your device via the bootloader/fastboot mode. For those who need help with that, below are detailed installation instructions as well.
DisclaimerWe are not responsible for any issues which may occur on your device. Make sure to backup all data files stored on the device before proceeding. Do this at your own risk.
Pre-Requisites Before Install TWRP Recovery
- Create a manual backup of all data files stored on the smartphone.
- Make sure your Lenovo A6000/SE/Plus running Android Lollipop
- Battery level must be at least 50 % to avoid power interruption.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device
- Download and install the USB drivers for Lenovo A6000/SE/Plus on the computer.
- Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools v1.2
- Download and extract the TWRP 22.214.171.124 by SevenMaxs to the computer.
How to Install TWRP 126.96.36.199 on Lenovo A6000/SE/Plus
- Turn off your device then reboot into Bootloader/Fastboot mode. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time till you see some text on the display.
- Connect the Lenovo A6000/SE/Plus to the computer using a USB cable
- Copy the extracted file recovery.img to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory
- Open a command window inside the folder where your TWRP recovery.img file is saved. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- In the command box type the following
- Now type the following command to flash TWRP recovery image
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot your phone using the following command
That’s all. TWRP recovery lollipop should now be installed on your Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus.