Vixolite - How to restore the warranty on your Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus. As we know, Install custom ROM, rooting or tweak your Android device will void your device warranty. Therefore, if during the processes your handset will get bricked, or damaged then you will not be able to reclaim its retail or demand for a free intervention, basically, you will be by yourselves.
For restoring the warranty you will have to reset the flash counter of your device. In order to do so, you will have to restore your Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus to its initial state, which means that mainly you have to downgrade to stock ROM, or upgrade to the Latest firmware of your device. And now, on this article I will guide you how to restore the warranty on your Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus.
We won’t be held responsible for anything happening to your device during this process. We will help you during such situation. Please read follow each and every step as mentioned below.
Pre-Requisites Before Restore the Warranty
- Backup of your personal files i.e the songs/videos/photos/contacts etc
- Make sure the battery capacity of more than 50%
- Download and Install Lenovo A6000 USB Driver
- On your computer download stock ROM from the link below. Please choose the relevant version according to your device.
How to Restore the Warranty on Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus
- Connect your Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus to PC using USB cable (make sure Lenovo A6000 Driver has been installed)
- Transfer the Stock ROM file you have downloaded to your phone’s SD card
- Disconnect the devices when done
- Power off your device, wait a few seconds and then press and hold the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power Button simultaneously to boot into stock recovery mode
- From the main menu of recovery select the apply update from sd card and pick the Stock ROM file.
- Then, follow on screen prompts and resume the update operation.
- When done, from main menu of recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” then select “reboot system now”.
Troubleshoot Failed Update
- Extract Stock ROM file on PC
- Copy System.zip and CountryCode.ota.zip to SD card
- Go to recovery mode
- Install System.zip then CountryCode.ota.zip
- Wait until process upgrade finish