Vixolite - How to root Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus Android Kitkat. I am glad that I have successfully installed SuperSU app on my lenovo A6000 which running Android Kitkat. And now I will share with you how to root Lenovo A6000 easily.
Please note the rooting procedure should be followed as described below. In case the procedure goes wrong, there's a high probability that your smartphone will be bricked. Vixolite will not be held responsible for any damages to your handset.
Rooting or installing a custom rom or recovery might brick your device or your device may act abnormally and you also lose the device warranty. You may even get a dead SD card which might not work or you can leave your device in a dead state.
Before going through the entire tutorial please be advised that it is your own responsibility to go further. We are not liable for any loss of data or any property of yours by any mean.
Pre-Requisites Before Root Lenovo A6000/A6000 PLus Kitkat
- Make sure your Lenovo A6000/A6000+ running Android Kitkat
- Backup of your personal files i.e the songs/videos/photos/contacts etc
- Make sure the A6000 has minimum 70% battery life available. It will prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain)
- Navigate to Settings » Developer Options, enable USB Debugging mode
- Make sure that the device is already installed TWRP Recovery. See how to install Lenovo A6000 TWRP Reocvery 188.8.131.52 (Android Kitkat)
- Download and install the USB driver for Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus
- Download SuperSU v2.46
How to Root Lenovo A6000 Running Android Kitkat
- Copy SuperSU-v2.46-favnetsoft.com.zip from PC to SD card through USB cable
- Switch off your device then press and hold the Volume Down, Volume Up and Power Button simultaneously to boot into TWRP recovery mode
- On TWRP recovery menu, go to Install
- Select Install zip and navigate to SuperSU-v2.46-favnetsoft.com.zip
- Swipe to confirm Installation of zip
- Once finished, navigate to 'Go back' menu and select reboot system to reboot the phone