Vixolite - How to install TWRP recovery v18.104.22.168 (SevenMaxs) on Lenovo A600/A6000 Plus Lollipop. Today's guide lets you know how to install Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus TWRP recovery 22.214.171.124 which running Android Lollipop (5.x.x 64-bit).
As we know, custom recovery and root access is not right for everyone, but users who want to get latest Android version via custom ROMs, remove manufacture’s junk, install certain apps, etc. requires both custom recovery and root access.
Rooting or installing a custom rom or recovery might brick your device or your device may act abnormally and you also lose the device warranty. You may even get a dead SD card which might not work or you can leave your device in a dead state. Before going through the entire tutorial please be advised that it is your own responsibility to go further. We are not liable for any loss of data or any property of yours by any mean.
Pre-Requisites Before Install TWRP Recovery Kitkat
- Backup of your personal files i.e the songs/videos/photos/contacts etc
- Make sure your Lenovo A6000/A6000+ running Android Lollipop
- Battery level must be at least 50% to avoid power interruption
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device
- Download and install the USB driver for Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus on the computer
- Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools v1.2
- Download and extract the TWRP 3.0.01 (Lollipop) by SevenMaxs to the computer
How to Install TWRP 126.96.36.199 (Lollipop) on Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus
- Turn off your device then reboot into Bootloader/Fastboot mode. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time till you see some text on the display.
- Connect the Lenovo A6000/A6000 Plus to the computer using a USB cable
- Copy the extracted file (recovery.img) to the folder of Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
Windows (x86): C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Windows (x64): C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Open a command window inside the folder where your TWRP recovery.img file is saved. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
- In the command box type the following
- Now type the following command to flash TWRP recovery image
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Reboot your phone using the following command