Hello Friends, I just getting confused on this situation, in my case I have different type system Windows 7 that is Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit in my domain. So my server is using Windows Server 2008 64-bit. Is a have different with client in domain. So for manage printer server system 32-bit is cannot directly connect they need driver 32-bit, because the server running on 64-bit.
Scenario is the client and server is different system model windows.
- Download driver printer for two systems 32bit and 64bit also you can get cd from manufacturer when you purchase.
- Install driver 64bit and share your printer. Test it using print test page on printer. Make sure printer is running.
- Find print in device and printer, just right click on printer then choose properties and sharing
- Checklist on X86, means you will be add driver 32bit for this server
- Locate your driver file usually name is autorun.inf depend your driver, then Ok
- Wait sometimes, the procces will be add driver 32bit in 64bit system
- If add driver success, in the properties printer will be checklist automatically on X64 and x86
- Then trying to connected printer from client system 32bit to printer server system 64bit using network ( make sure the printer is already share ), the system will be downloading driver and connect automatically without install driver